When you aim to live a healthier life many times that means avoiding desserts. Traditional desserts are often filled with unhealthy saturated fats and loads of sugar. But eating healthy and feeling great can include the decadent taste of dessert – you just need a secret ingredient, protein powder! You may be surprised to know that there are plenty of dessert recipes that use protein powder to give texture, flavor and protein to things like cookies, ice cream and brownies. And when you use our Plant Protein Power in dessert recipes, you get a delicious plant-based source of protein that is gluten-free, 100% organic and is sweetened with stevia – not cane sugar. Below are some simple and delicious Plant Protein Power dessert recipes to help you get started.
Chocolate Oat Fudge
8 scoops chocolate Plant Protein Power 1 cup old fashioned oats 1 cup non-dairy milk
- In a medium sized bowl, mix Plant Protein Power with milk until completely incorporated
- Stir in oats
- Pour in 8” x 8” pan
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
This recipe can easily be altered to satisfy your cravings for your favorite flavors. Try swapping out the oats for shredded coconut or puffed rice or adding in walnuts or pecans. The possibilities are endless!
Chocolate Almond Protein Balls
2 cups almond butter 2 scoops chocolate Plant Protein Power 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients until completely incorporated
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls using hands or a melon scoop
- Place balls onto parchment or wax paper lined container; separate layers with additional parchment or wax paper
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before enjoying
Try other flavors – how about peanut, cashew or sunflower seed butter? Get creative and make this recipe your own!
Strawberry Vanilla Chia Protein Pudding
2 Servings Ingredients
1 cup strawberries ¼ cup vanilla Plant Protein Power 2 cups almond milk ¼ cup chia seeds
- Blend together strawberries, Plant Protein Power and almond milk until smooth
- Pour into lidded container and stir in chia seeds
- Cover container and give the whole mixture a few good shakes
- Let sit in refrigerator at least 3 hours to thicken, shaking periodically
This makes an easy make-ahead breakfast or perfect afternoon snack.
Chocolate Ice Cream
2-3 Servings Ingredients
2 sliced frozen bananas 4-6 TB almond milk ¼ cup chocolate Plant Protein Power
- In food processor or high speed blender, blend together bananas, 4 TB almond milk and Plant Protein Power
- If necessary, add up to an additional 2 TB almond milk to get the consistency you want
- Scoop into two-three bowls if serving now or put entire mixture in freezer for 1 hour for a firmer ice cream. Enjoy!
Of course, you can easily make vanilla ice cream by swapping out the chocolate Plant Protein Power for vanilla, as shown in our photo above. We’d love to hear from you! Have you used protein powder to make desserts? What did you make? Share below!