Who doesn’t love Mexican? As someone on a plant-based diet, finding good (and healthy!) alternatives, sans meat, may seem to be a challenge. But not to worry! We’ve scoured the internet for the best Mexican vegan recipes we could find for you.
1. Enchiladas One of the simplest recipes to put together on a busy weeknight is enchiladas and this recipe from Gena Hamshaw on Food52 is a winner. With a few ingredients, simply wrap them up and throw in the oven to warm up. In just 25 minutes you can enjoy them – and they are perfect for feeding a crowd! 2. Butternut Squash Chipotle Chili Meatless chilis have come a long way – like this Butternut Squash Chipotle Chili from Cookie and Kate. Savory, spicy, and definitely filling, you can easily scale up this recipe to feed a crowd, such as your children’s soccer team or a family barbeque. 3. Grilled Portobello with Guacamole So simple and simply delicious! Portobello mushrooms are the perfect vehicles for topping with freshly made guacamole.
4. Raw Taco Salad All the best flavors of a taco salad without the guilt (or the meat and cheese of course!) This salad from Choosing Raw uses walnuts combined with taco seasoning as the taco “meat”. With a scoop of guacamole, this is sure to be a favorite at your table! 5. Bean and Quinoa Salad There’s nothing better than a quick quinoa salad. A combination of beans, veggies and quinoa, this salad is a very satisfying meal. Get the recipe from Oh She Glows.
Sides & Snacks
6. 7-Layer Dip And what about a delicious 7-layer dip? It’s easy to make and suitable for anyone from two to a hundred and two. Combine with some colorful tortilla chips and you’ve got a dish everyone will be talking about. 7. Guacamole The best guacamole is homemade guacamole! Adjust seasoning to your liking and you’ll have a family favorite. This recipe from Food Network gets rave reviews and is quick to prepare. Bring some to your next party, or whip up a bowl of guacamole the next time you don’t feel like preparing a full meal.
8. Nacho “Cheese” Did you know you can make “cheese” with cashews? So no more having to forgo the nacho cheese when you’re making nachos! 9. Red Mole Sauce The next time you’re making enchiladas don’t forget the red mole sauce – it tastes heavenly and is a perfect Mexican pairing.
10. Margarita Smoothie Yup, you read that right! This smoothie from Simply Quinoa is a healthy take on the cocktail without any alcohol or regrets. Instead, it combines greens, grapefruit, mango and banana for a beautiful and energizing drink. 11. Watermelon Coconut Agua Fresca Quite possibly the best way to cool off on a hot day! With just 3 ingredients, this sugar-free Agua Fresca recipe from Kitchen Treaty is divine.