22 Ideas for Healthy Vegan Snacks
Whether you’re at work, the beach, on a plane or just hanging out at home, it’s important to keep your body fueled so it can perform its best. Between meals, it’s just as vital to give your body healthy snacks that offer a balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats, as well as important vitamins and minerals. So when your tummy starts to grumble reach for one of these delicious vegan snacks to stay focused:
- Hummus and cut veggies: Obviously you can buy hummus, but homemade hummus is just that much tastier. For a snack, stick to 2 tablespoons.
- Piece of fruit: Try to choose a high fiber fruit (apple or pear), which will keep you full longer, or one with lots of healthy antioxidants (like berries). Need more of a treat? Combine with 1 tablespoon of this healthy chocolate fruit dip or almond butter.
- Small Smoothie: Combine some non-dairy milk, fruit, ice, and some milled flaxseed, hemp seeds or ½ a scoop of Plant-Protein Powder for a quick smoothie that will keep you full and provide energy.
- 1/4 cup nuts: Cashews, pistachios, pecans – they’re all good! Throw in some dried fruit for extra fiber and a touch of sweetness.
- Crunchy Red Cabbage Slaw: This refreshing slaw is sweetened up with green apple. Make a batch on the weekend so you’ll have it on hand for a quick snack.
- Black bean dip and rice crackers: You can make this dip in 5 minutes!
- Dried Mango: Or any dried fruit, really. Most are high in fiber to slow digestion and keep you feeling full for longer.
- Salt and vinegar chickpeas: Just like popcorn, but better. Trust us.
- Frozen grapes: It sounds exactly as easy as it is and is the perfect snack on hot days.
- Carrot Raisin Spice Muffins: Sometimes you need something a little filling (and a little like cake). These muffins are both delectable and good for you. Make them in a mini muffin pan to create snack-sized bites.
- Guacamole: Have fresh avocado, tomatoes, and cilantro? Then you’re well on your way to having a great snack. Eat as-is or add some crudité. Not a fan of avocado? How about mangos – try this amazing salsa
- Blueberry Pie Chia Pudding: It sounds like dessert, but you’d never guess that something this delicious could be that healthy.
- Nori Chips: Easy to make, bake, and well…eat.
- Banana Oatmeal Bites: For a quick snack or to grab for breakfast.
- Strawberry Milk: Just like the one you remember from your childhood, but this one is good for you! Combine 8 ounces of non-dairy milk with ½ scoop Strawberry Plant-Protein Powder. Delicious!
- Berries w/ Cashew cream: Sounds decadent, and is, but also is full of healthy nutrients and chia seeds.
- Kale chips: Make your own, if you can – not all store bought versions are good for you (they are often high in sodium).
- Quinoa-Stuffed Strawberries: These would make an excellent party treat for your next get together. Or you can just save them for yourself, we won’t judge.
- Coconut butter and dates: Delicious, high in fiber, and did we mention delicious?
- Chocolate “milk”: Your favorite non-dairy milk plus ½ scoop chocolate Plant Protein Powder.
- Water! Okay, not technically a snack, but if it’s between an unhealthy snack and water, choose water first. It might not always do the trick, but it might be enough to keep your belly fully until you get to a healthy meal. Besides, your body always needs water!
So what’s your favorite healthy vegan snack? We’d love to hear your ideas for maintaining energy levels and focus throughout the day, without reaching for that afternoon sugary snack or cup of coffee!