22 Plant-Based Recipes for a Delicious Thanksgiving
Whether your Thanksgiving menu is 100% plant-based or you are looking to add more healthy plant-based options to the traditional lineup, we’ve got the best recipes to try. 22 recipes, to be exact! Try one of our selected plant-based Thanksgiving recipes that are sure to be crowd pleasers.
Soups & Starters
1. Fig and Olive Tapenade: Pairs great with gluten-free crackers and is fancy enough for any dinner party while still being super easy to make.
2. Spinach Dip: It’s one dish that many vegans miss out on, but you can try one of these four variations to find one that works for you.
3. Sundried Tomato and Butternut Squash Bisque: is a perfect starter for just about any dinner, yet is filling enough to be a main event for smaller gatherings.
4. Quick Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili: This chili is perfect for potlucks or office parties, and could easily be adapted for a slow cooker for less work.
5. Magic Skillet Cornbread: Perfect to serve with the chili recipe above. And this recipe has only 8 ingredients so it’s simple to put together.
6. 10-Spice Vegetable Soup: A perfectly healthy and delicious Thanksgiving soup, plus you can make a big batch and save some for later.
7. Roasted Beet Hummus Beautiful presentation and perfect to serve alongside cut veggies like carrots, celery and cucumber.
Sides & Mains
8. Mashed Potatoes: A mainstay for any Thanksgiving feast and this variation uses olive oil for more depth of flavor and a dose of heart-healthy fat.
9. Mushroom Gravy: There’s no better way to top mashed potatoes! This recipe is easy to prepare up to five days ahead, so that means one less dish to make on Thanksgiving Day.
10. Candied Lime Sweet Potatoes: A delicious variation on traditional candied yams. Opt for maple syrup in place of the sugar for sweet flavor with the added benefit of trace minerals.
11. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls: Admittedly, this is a time-consuming dish to prepare, but it’s well worth the effort. Stuff cabbage leafs with a basmati rice and lentil filling and then top with tomato sauce.
12. Vegan Pot Pie: A delicious, crowd-pleasing dish that can be made in individual “pots” or for an easier preparation, make in one large casserole dish.
13. Pumpkin Apple Harvest Rice: Combines all the flavors of fall, and can easily be scaled up for larger parties or to serve as a main dish.
14. Lentil and Sweet Potato Loaf: A terrific plant-based main dish that’s packed with nutrition. It can easily be dressed up on your serving platter by surrounding it with one of the sides here.
15. Jalapeño-Orange Cranberry Sauce: Add some kick to this traditional Thanksgiving side with the spice of jalapeno peppers.
16. Quinoa & Sweet Potato Salad: One of our Founder Marco Borges’ favorite recipes. It’s healthy, delicious and simple to put together. The recipe comes straight from Marco’s latest book, The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook and we’re sharing it with you here as well. Find the recipe details below.
17. Vegan Caramel Apple Pie: Now’s the time to use in-season apples and turn them into a beautiful pie.
18. Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream: This creamy vegan ice cream is a cool way to enjoy pumpkin pie.
19. Chocolate Avocado Mousse: Will please kids and adults alike (just don't mention the avocado part and no one will notice).
20. Pumpkin Pie Tarts: These gorgeous pumpkin pie tarts with sunflower seed crusts will be the stars of the dessert plate.
21. 2-Ingredient Truffles: A party favorite and they also make a great hostess gift.
22. Pumpkin Cake: Just one more pumpkin recipe! This one is easy to whip up and you can decorate it to make it special for the occasion.
Quinoa & Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
Photo featured above
Makes 2 servings
1 small to medium-size sweet potato
1 cup cooked quinoa
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup dried cranberries
For the Dressing:
1 orange, juiced
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
- Wash sweet potato and cut into cubes
- Steam for 15 minutes or until fork tender
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato, quinoa, pumpkin seeds and cranberries
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a separate bowl
- When ready to serve, drizzle quinoa and sweet potato mixture with dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
There you go, another year of great Thanksgiving recipes. We wish you a very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving!