5 Benefits of using Protein Powder
Protein powders were once regarded as a supplement used exclusively by bodybuilders and devoted athletes. Over time, these once niche market powders found their way into the homes of many Americans, and now it seems like they are here to stay. So, why do so many people use protein supplements, and can they be beneficial to us?
Not All Protein Powders Are Created Equal
As the list of artificial flavors, ingredients, thickeners, gums, and sweeteners continues to grow, it becomes harder and harder to decipher what should be considered healthy enough for continued consumption. Even with minimal ingredients, some protein sources can still cause bloating, and many other forms of digestive distress. 22 Days Nutrition powders use peas as the main source of protein because it is known for its ability to be easily digested and assimilated by the body. In addition to that, we apply a less is more approach to our ingredient list, eliminating the use of fillers, thickeners, artificial sweeteners, and gums. The reason for this is simple; those additives are completely unnecessary when creating a truly healthy and delicious protein powder. We want you to feel good when fueling your body!
Consuming foods and supplements that you can digest with ease translates to better mood, energy, sleep, and an overall sense of wellbeing. It is so important, and a realization that we believe is truly life-changing for anyone lucky enough to break away from old habits and experience it. If you are consuming protein powders regularly, we suggest becoming more familiar with exactly what you are putting into your body and make informed decisions always.
- Blood sugar: Upon rising in the morning, your body is coming out of an eight hour fast and is looking for food. Eating a meal composed of simple carbohydrates, or sugars, will cause your energy levels to crash. Here is where protein comes into play. Protein has an incredible ability to both satiate you and balance your blood sugar levels. This ultimately translates to a balanced, sustained energy that will carry you pleasantly to your next meal or snack.
- Muscle mas: Perhaps the most common use of protein powder supplements is to help gain or maintain muscle mass. If you are consuming enough calories from whole plant foods throughout the day, this isn't something you have to be concerned about. If you are exercising regularly, on the other hand, increasing your protein intake can help significantly with recovery and muscle repair.
- Curbs appetite: Similar to its effect on blood sugar, protein has the ability to make you feel full and energized. Protein can increase appetite-reducing hormones and reduce hunger hormones. It also helps to keep you feeling full for longer.
- Aids in weight loss: The main reason protein helps you lose weight is by its ability to boost satiety hormones and reduce those that cause hunger to occur.
- Regular Use & The Accumulation of Plastic: It is easy to maintain an out of sight out of mind mentality with plastic items. Once you finish using their contents, containers are disposed of and never seen again. However, they do not fall off the face of the earth, but accumulate its oceans and landfills. All of us as consumers have the responsibility to begin making steps away from this environmental pollutant, especially since it has already pervaded so much of earths once pristine ecosystem. By choosing 22 Days Nutrition protein powder, you are choosing 60% renewable plant-based resources and using 88% less material than you would with a traditional protein powder tub.
Ways To Incorporate Protein Powder Into Your Diet
There are many delicious ways to incorporate protein powder into your diet, here are a couple of our favorites and easiest to manage:
- Smoothies: We're sure you've had a protein shake or two in your day, but we would like to remind you of this incredible opportunity to increase your veggie intake! Smoothies are not only a great way to boost your protein, but to boost virtually any other nutrient you feel you need more of.
- Pancakes: This American staple can easily be transformed into a delicious, protein powerhouse! This is a great way to start the day and even better way to supply your body with long-lasting energy to keep you feeling great on days when you need it most. Consider this one a guilt-free indulgence to get those muscles pumped!