7 Plant-Based Spiralized Veggie Recipes
Fall may bring with it cooler weather, but it also brings a host of great veggies to enjoy. Rather than preparing the same old recipes, switch things up with spiralized veggies! Quick to prepare, you can use a spiralizer to create oodles of delicious veggie noodles. Here’s how:
What to Spiralize
You can spiralizer just about any reasonably firm veggie, with the right equipment. Here are just a few veggies (and fruit) to get you started:
- Bell Peppers (any color)
- Sweet potato
- Butternut Squash
There’s more! You can try tons of different types of fruit/vegetables, and see what works. Feel free to combine your food types.
How to Spiralize
There are many types of spiralizers out there, and no two are alike. If you’re serious about spiralizing, invest in a good-quality machine that offers a few different blade types, so you can experiment with different widths of noodles.
Different models work differently, some (the easiest models) allow you to mount the fruit/veggie and turn a handle to push it through the blade. Others are simply hand held. Simply spin the spiralizer until you get the amount of food you need. Keep in mind, if you plan to cook or sauté your spiralized fruit/veggies then you might need a bit more – they shrink a bit as some of the moisture is cooked off.
Easy Sprialized Recipes
The easiest way to incorporate spiralized food is to replace other types of food. Here are a few examples:
- Zucchini Pad Thai: Use zucchini noodles instead of rice noodles.
- Mac and Cheese: Try spiral butternut squash rather than macaroni and top with a vegan cheese.
- Eggplant Lasagna: Use a wide setting for lasagna noodles from eggplant.
- Simple Coleslaw: Spiralize carrots and broccoli stalks for a healthy salad.
- Pizza Crust: Spiraled sweet potatoes can be baked in a frying pan for an easy crust. Just add toppings and bake!
7 Fun Spiral Recipes
Once you have a spiralizer, you can make any recipe special with the addition of pretty spiral veggies. Here are some great options to try:
- Sweet potato noodles and kale Cesar salad
- Curried Cauliflower & Lentil Salad with Carrot Noodles
- Ginger Tahini Carrot and Cucumber
- Mango Almond Jicama and Cabbage
- Butternut Pasta with Mushrooms and Sage
- Beet and Mandarin Salad
One of the most popular recipes from The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook is Avocado & Basil Cream Zucchini Noodles. It’s a snap to put together and requires no cooking! We’re sure it will become one of your family favorites.
With all these amazing recipes, where will you start? Head to the grocery store and grab some fruit and veggies and you can have one of these great recipes whipped up in just a few minutes. Welcome to the world of spiralizing!