Vegan Fiesta Tacos
Whether it’s Cinco de Mayo or you’re just really craving a taco, this recipe hits the spot!! You won't miss your meat-filled taco recipe when you have this plant-based version on hand! It's packed with delicious and healthy plant-based ingredients.
In case you didn’t know, there are over 50 additional Mexican recipes suchs as our ‘Chorizo’ and Blackened Veggie Tacos, and our Sweet Potato Enchiladas you can check out right now on our Meal Planner here. Also, for a limited time, you can get a two-week free trial! Just go here and use this promo code: 22DAYSFREE2. Now you can really have a Vegan Fiesta!
FROM THE BORGES FAMILY KITCHEN
VEGAN FIESTA TACOS
1 package gardein beefless ground
1 15 ounce can black beans
1 box organic hard shell taco (pack of 12)
1 cup shredded lettuce
pico de gallo, from The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook p.248:
1 large tomato, diced
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon parsley flakes, chopped
1 jalapeño, minced
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 lime, juiced
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
cashew cream dressing, from The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook p. 323:
1/2 cup raw cashews, presoaked in water overnight (or with warm water for 15 minutes)
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Follow the heating instructions on the gardein package. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary and set aside.
2. In a small pot, bring the black beans to a boil, then simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. To prepare the pico de gallo, in a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
4. To prepare the cashew cream dressing, drain and rinse the cashews. Then transfer to a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
5. Follow the instructions on the taco shell package to warm up the tacos.
6. Begin spooning the beefless mixture into the bottom of the tacos. Then add black beans, followed by pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, and drizzle cashew cream dressing.
7. Serve and enjoy!!