This recipe for Raw Walnut Tacos is one of the most popular recipes from The 22-Day Revolution, by Marco Borges. And with good reason! The delicious flavor of the taco "meat" in this plant-based dish are hard to beat and it's a snap to put together for lunch or a quick dinner.
Raw Walnut Tacos
2 heads romaine lettuce
2 Haas avocados, diced
½ pint cherry tomatoes (1 small pack), cut in half
½ tablespoon dried parsley flakes
pinch ground black pepper
pinch sea salt
Taco “Meat” Ingredients
2 cups raw walnuts
1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
dash garlic powder
dash ground black pepper
1. Thoroughly wash and drain the lettuce leaves and tomatoes in a colander or on a paper towel and set aside while prepping remaining ingredients.
2. Combine all taco ingredients in a food processor.
3. Pulse several times until crumbly, making sure not to over-blend.
4. Spread the walnut taco meat on the romaine leaves in 4 equal servings.
5. Garnish with diced avocado, halved tomatoes, parsley, ground pepper, sea salt, and lime juice.
Leftover taco meat can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Use it to top salads or repeat this recipe.