From the Borges Family Kitchen
A halved butternut squash is perfect for filling with your favorite plant-based ingredients. Here, we fill roasted butternut squash with black beans, tomatoes and avocado.
STUFFED BUTTERNUT SQUASH with black beans and tomato & avocado garnish
1 small butternut squash, washed, halved, and seeds removed
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, lightly drained
1 small tomato, washed and diced
1 haas avocado, halved, cored, peeled and sliced
1/2 small onion, diced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a lined baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss together the tomato, avocado, onion, lime juice, olive oil and sea salt and set aside.
3. Place the squash with cut sides down and bake for about 45-50 minutes until fork tender.
4. In a small saucepan, cook the black beans on low heat for about 5-10 minutes, cover and set aside.
5. Once the squash is fork tender, serve and top with black beans, tomato and avocado garnish and enjoy!!