FROM THE BORGES FAMILY KITCHEN
Making sushi at home is easier than you think - and it really impresses your guests!
1 cup cooked short grain brown rice
1/2 haas avocado (cut into 2 slices)
3 tbsp raw broccoli (in food processor)
2 tbsp raw cauliflower (in food processor)
2 tbsp crushes cashews
1 tbsp vegenaise (mayo substitute)
sesame seeds, garnish
1 nori sheet
1 sushi bamboo mat
1. Cover the bamboo mat with plastic wrap.
2. Place the nori with the rough side facing upward.
3. Wet hands and place the brown rice in the middle of the nori. Evenly spread the rice with fingers while pressing down gently.
4. Flip the nori over and place the avocado slices across the middle of the nori along with the broccoli, cauliflower, vegenaise, and cashews.
5. Begin to roll the mat, keeping it tight with every move forward, including the sides.
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds and with a wet knife, cut the roll into 6-8 pieces and enjoy!