9 Vegan Recipes to Help You Keep Your Cool This Summer
Summer is here! Is it hot enough for you yet? Are you looking for ways to cool down? Then you’ll love our collection of “cool” vegan summer recipes. Here goes:
1. Lean Green Detox Smoothie Bowl
Nothing beats a cool smoothie bowl on a hot morning, and it’s a great way to get your morning off to a healthy start. This one is packed with greens to give your body all of the nutrition it needs.
2. Strawberry Summer Slim Down Smoothie
This recipe is a great alternative to heavier breakfasts on hot days. The beautiful pink color is sure to brighten your morning!
3. Rainbow Kelp Noodle Salad
Available at health food stores, kelp noodles are a perfect alternative to heavier wheat noodles, and healthier than many gluten-free alternatives. Enjoy adding your favorite toppings and dressings, or make this recipe as is.
4. Hummus Tartine with Sprouts
It doesn't get any easier than this! Top a gluten-free slice of bread with hummus, tomatoes, avocado and sprouts. It’s perfect for any meal of the day and travels well for picnics and lunches at work.
5. Raw Walnut Tacos
This recipe is one of the most popular recipes from The 22-Day Revolution, by Marco Borges - and with good reason! The delicious flavors of the taco "meat" are hard to beat and it's a snap to put together for lunch or a quick dinner.
6. Avocado, Mango & Kimchi Sushi Rolls
It’s not as hard as you think to make sushi rolls, so start off with this colorful (and delicious) recipe. Make a few batches and take it to your next potluck or barbecue as an alternative to “hot” food.
7. Iced Matcha Latte
It’s cool, it’s sweet, and it’s good for you! Check out this recipe and ditch the java – your body will appreciate the extra boost of antioxidants that matcha provides.
8. Banana Chai Smoothie Parfait
Decadent, delicious, and good for you – what more could you want? If you have a few small jam jars around you can make it look great too for a family dessert or as part of a dinner party. Feel free to experiment with toppings!
9. Banana Soft Serve
Forget ice cream (and all the calories)! You can make your own delicious and nutritious frozen dessert with just bananas. Featured in the photo above, this recipe is from The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook, an excellent resource for your plant-based kitchen.
Makes 2 Servings
- Peel and slice 3 bananas
- Freeze overnight or for at least 3 hours
- Place frozen banana slices in food processor and pulse several times to break down banana. You may need to stop to scrape down the sides and add a splash of almond milk or water to get the blade moving.
- Keep blending for up to 5 minutes until you reach the consistency of soft serve.
- Optional: add in mix-ins like coconut flakes, nuts, cacao nibs or cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately or place in a container in the freezer to enjoy in the future.
- When ready to serve, add toppings and enjoy!
We hope these recipes help you stay cool when the weather heats up!